Data analytics for Public Health Care has been a pressing challenge for years. Public Health Care organizations must be able to manage, analyze, and interpret data in order to identify the best ways to deliver high quality care. There are a wide range of tools for data analytics in health care, with clinical and operational applications to help organizations capture health data for advancing medical care. Health care data is collected from a variety of systems and devices, such as online patient portals, electronic medical records and health tracking devices. As a result, data exists in different formats, from clinical notes to medical images and at times, the data is unstructured. Data governance covers master data management, which ties master data in a single and reliable source of data to be used for care improvement and patient safety. Data analytics refers to analysis of the data in some way using quantitative and qualitative techniques to be able to explore for trends and patterns in the data. Health data analysts should have the advanced knowledge “to acquire, manage, analyze, interpret, and transform data into accurate, consistent, and timely information”.
This special issue aims to consolidate recent advances in data analytics for public health care, research in theory and applications. Pilot studies in analytics-enabled healthcare are especially welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Application of data analytics in public health care informatics
- Challenges using data analytics in public health care
- Future strategies in health informatics
- Advantages of data analytics in health care
- Significant impact of data analytics in public health care
- Powerful data analytics tools in healthcare
- Methods, techniques in data collecting for health care public health care
- Trends in data analytics in health care
- Using data analytics in public health care for safety purposes
- Importance of data analytics in public health care
- Effectiveness of data analytics in public health care
- What are the current use-cases data analytics in healthcare informatics?
- What is involved in the process of data analytics integration for these applications?
- Assessment and evaluation of data analytics in public health care
- Different modes of data analytics in public health care and their interactions
Prof. Tai-hoon Kim
Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Prof. Ruay-Shiung Chang
President, National Taipei University of Business Taipei, Taiwan
Prof. Sabah Mohammed
Lakehead University, Canada
Prof. Carlos Ramos
ISEP, Polytechnic of Porto
Deadline for Submission: Feb 28, 2021
First Reviews Due: March 31, 2021
Revised Manuscript Due: May 30, 2021
Final Decision: July 30, 2021