According to the Bylaws, 3.4 Responsibilities of the Administrative Committee AdCom members are expected to:
- Attend AdCom Meetings, twice per year (Winter/Fall)
- Participate in committee activities
- Submit reports to the archives for committees that they chair and/or submit reports as delegates or representatives of EMBS.
- Address the needs of EMBS members in their geographical regions and maintain contact with local Chapters.
- Be responsible for the financial stability and longevity of the Society in all areas of interest (including conferences, publications, finances, and member and student activities).
- Strategically guide the Society regarding new products and benefits, and participate fully in discussions and voting on all related issues.
EMBS provides travel funding for AdCom members to attend scheduled meetings.