Gold Open Access
IEEE TNSRE is a gold, fully open-access journal, which means that authors retain ownership of the copyright to their papers, and readers can access the full text and pdf on IEEE Xplore for free, but also that authors pay article processing charges, upon acceptance and before publication. IEEE’s explanation of OA and APCs.
Article Processing Charge (APC): US$1995 – Effective 1 January 2024
For papers submitted in 2023, the Article Processing Charge (APC) is US$1950 plus applicable local taxes.
For papers submitted in 2024, the APC is US$1995 plus applicable local taxes.
- Active IEEE Members receive a 5% discount.
- A 20% discount is given to authors who are currently active members in EMBS.
- Students and Graduate Students are not eligible for the membership discount. These discounts cannot be combined.
- Authors from low-income countries are eligible for waivers and discounts on open access article processing charges in fully open access journals. Corresponding authors from low-income countries (as classified by the World Bank) are eligible for a 100% waiver on open access article processing charges.
- Corresponding authors from lower-middle-income countries with a 2017 gross domestic product of less than US$200 billion are eligible for a 50% discount on open access article processing charges.
Manuscripts can only be submitted electronically through the IEEE Author Portal.
Since January 1, 2018, biosketches and author pictures are no longer published as part of EMBS Journal articles.
For authors wishing to submit multimedia materials for review, please visit the IEEE Author Center.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE Publication Services and Products Board Operations Manual. Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
You can find additional information, templates, etc on our Submission Guidelines page.