Information For Authors
Gold Open Access
IEEE TNSRE is a gold, fully open-access journal, which means that authors retain ownership of the copyright to their papers, and readers can access the full text and pdf on IEEE Xplore for free, but also that authors pay article processing charges, upon acceptance and before publication. IEEE’s explanation of OA and APCs.
Article Processing Charge (APC): US$1750
- IEEE Members receive a 5% discount.
- IEEE Society Members receive a 15% discount.
- EMBS Members receive a 25% discounts.
- These discounts cannot be combined.
- Authors from low-income countries are eligible for waivers and discounts on open access article processing charges in fully open access journals. Corresponding authors from low-income countries (as classified by the World Bank) are eligible for a 100% waiver on open access article processing charges.
- Corresponding authors from lower-middle-income countries with a 2017 gross domestic product of less than US$200 billion are eligible for a 50% discount on open access article processing charges.
Manuscripts can only be submitted electronically through IEEE Manuscript Central.
Beginning January 1, 2018, biosketches and author pictures will no longer be published as part of EMBS Journal articles.
Manuscripts should be submitted according the Submission Guidelines, and formatted in the transactions template: either Word or LaTeX (Windows or Unix)
For authors wishing to submit multimedia materials for review, please visit the IEEE Author Center.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE Publication Services and Products Board Operations Manual. Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
You can find additional information, templates, etc on our Submission Guidelines page.
For some background on copyright and author responsibility, we recommend the following paper:
Copyrights and author responsibilities
Computer, Vol.25, Iss. 12, Dec 1992
Download this paper from IEEE Xplore