IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NANOBIOSCIENCE (T-NB) STATEMENT OF EDITORIAL POLICY
TNB publishes basic and applied research papers dealing with the study of bio-molecules, cells, tissues, and their assemblies into higher level constructs in the nanometer range with respect to engineering, physics, chemistry, modeling, and computer science. The content of acceptable papers ranges from experimental results, technological development, formalized mathematical theory and mathematical techniques to engineering and medical/clinical/environmental applications and reviews.
Readers are encouraged to submit manuscripts as regular papers or communications. To qualify for publication, these must be previously unpublished and not be under consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts should be submitted via ScholarOne.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE PSPB Operations Manual (sections 8.2.1.C & 8.2.2.A). Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
For purposes of qualifying for peer review and consideration for publication, authors must submit a properly executed copyright form in favour of IEEE, sign an Author consent form, agree to a mandatory page charge for over length manuscripts or color ﬁgures, and prepare a manuscript according to the following guidelines:
- Manuscripts may not exceed 10 pages in the IEEE Transactions template (8 pages for communications). Papers longer than 8 pages will incur overlength charges.
- The abstract must be no more than 200 words for regular papers (50 words for communications).
- Figures and tables should appear in the text, close to where they are discussed.
- References should appear in a separate reference section at the end of the paper with items referred to by numerals in square brackets. References must be complete in the IEEE style as follows: Style for papers: Author(s), ﬁrst initials followed by last name, title, periodical, volume, inclusive page numbers, month, year. Style for books: Author(s), title, location, publisher, year, chapter, page numbers. You can ﬁnd an electronic style ﬁle for references at the IEEE Author Center.
- This publication no longer publishes authors’ biographies and photographs.
- The completion of the submission process signature signiﬁes the author’s conﬁrmation that over length page charges will be paid when billed.
- All manuscripts accepted for publication REQUIRE the authors to make the ﬁnal submission employing the style ﬁles. Please see the detailed guidelines at the EMBS website.
By policy, IEEE owns the copyright to the technical contributions it publishes on behalf of the interests of the IEEE, its authors, and their employers; and to facilitate the appropriate reuse of this material by others. To comply with United States copyright law, authors are required to sign and submit a completed IEEE Copyright Form with their original submissions and again with the ﬁnalized manuscript prior to publication. See “Choose a Publishing Agreement” for more information.
This publication is a hybrid journal, allowing either Traditional manuscript submission or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission. Upon submission, if you choose to have your manuscript be an Open Access article, you commit to pay $2,345 OA fee if your manuscript is accepted for publication in order to enable unrestricted public access. If you would like your manuscript to be a Traditional submission, your article will be available to qualified subscribers and purchasers via IEEE Xplore. No OA payment is required for Traditional submission. Corresponding authors from low-income countries are eligible for waived or reduced open access APCs.
Mandatory Page Charges
The author(s) or his/her/their company or institution will be billed for every page in excess of the first 8 published pages (two for communications). There is an overlength page fee of $250 per page for pages 9 and 10, and $350 per page for pages 11 and beyond. Payment of these charges is not negotiable or voluntary. Further, submission by the author of his/her manuscript to these TRANSACTIONS signiﬁes acceptance of the requirement to pay mandatory pages charges. The Publisher holds the right to withhold publication of the current submission or any future submissions from the author(s) if this charge is not honored. To avoid incurring mandatory page charges, the author(s) are strongly advised to practice economy in the original manuscript submission and restraint in preparation of the ﬁnal manuscript following peer review.
Authors are requested to submit ﬁnalized manuscripts using the style ﬁles established by IEEE. Please consult the full guidelines in the IEEE Author Center.
English Language Editing Services
English language editing services can help refine the language of your article and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for discounts at several language editing services; visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. Please note these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.