Search for Editor-in-Chief: IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering
The IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) is undertaking a search for the Editor-In-Chief for IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering (RBME).
The Editor-in-Chief position is for a three-year term and is renewable for an additional three years. The term of appointment will start in Spring of 2022 or earlier. At the time of appointment, the successful applicant must be a member of the IEEE EMBS.
Successful candidates are preferred to:
- Have significant seniority in the field of Engineering in Medicine and Biology as evidenced by being an IEEE EMBS and AIMBE Fellow, or Fellow of other relevant learned societies
- Possess prior experience as Editor-in-Chief or have significant experience on editorial board of journals with high impact factor in the relevant areas of engineering in medicine and biology;
- Have significant background and experience in specific areas of activity of EMBS and written review articles with significant citations.
- Have the organizational skills to manage the editorial office, manage Associate Editors, and establish and improve review processes, consistent with IEEE rules and policies
- Be available in Spring 2022 for EiC Training
Nominations and applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is selected. Review of applications by the Search Committee will commence in January 2022.
Nominations/applications should include the following in electronic format (pdf):
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Explanation of how the candidate’s background and expertise addresses each of the items 1-5 above.
- Goals and strategy for how to increase the number of submissions and improve the journal including review process, and submission pipeline.
For full consideration please send all information to email@example.com no later than January 1, 2022. Further questions may be directed to Deidre Artis, Senior Program Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.