- Conference activities:
- Members of the TCNE were involved in organizing of the 7th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, in Montpellier, April 22-24, 2015. Several TCNE members are involved in planning the upcoming conference.
- Members of the TCNE were involved in organizing the following events: 1st iEEE EMBS ANTBI Workshop 2014, IEEE EMBS Brain Challenge Conference 2014, 2nd IEEE EMBS ANTBI Workshop 2015, IEEE EMBS Neural Engineering Summer School 2015, 3rd IEEE EMBS ANTBI Workshop 2015, Summer School on NeuroRehab 2015.
- The TCNE theme members solicited papers in the areas of neural engineering and organizing special sessions/symposiums proposals for the IEEE EMBS 2014 and 2015 conferences.
- Members of the TCNE team were involved in organizing the tracks and inviting track chairs of theme #6 “Neural Engineering, Neuromuscular Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering” of the IEEE EMBS 2013.
- Members of the TCNE team were involved in organizing the IEEE EMBS Summer School on Neural Engineering, 2013.
- Publication activities:
- Special issue from selected papers from ANTBI Workshop 2014 and 2015; Nominate reviewers for our journals;
- Members of the TCNE edited a special issue from the selected papers from the IEEE EMBS Neural Engineering 2012 (Micera & Akay, co-guest editors);
- The TCNE theme encouraged the committee members and other colleagues who are active in the areas of Neural Engineering to submit their research papers and their special sessions/symposiums proposals for the IEEE EMBS 2013 conference.
- Award activities:
- Nominated DLs and Fellows
- Nominated members for the IEEE EMB Awards
- Involved in selecting the Student Paper Awardees for the 7th IEEE EMBS Neural Engineering Conference
- Actively involve with the IEEE Brain Initiatives and the Working Group
- Increase the number of TC members from 30 to 40 by the end of 2015
- Joint NER Conferences and Workshops with other IEEE Societies
- Organize the 4th IEEE EMBS Workshop on ANTBI, April 8-9, 2016 in collaboration with the SBMT
- Help organize the tracks, workshops, symposiums and invite track chairs of theme “Neural Engineering & Rehabilitation Engineering” of the IEEE EMBS 2016 conference
- Help organize the 3rd Neurorehabilitation Engineering Conference, Interface Conference, 2016, Valencia, Spain
- Help organize the 8th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, 2017, Shanghai, China