Key Criteria for Publication
Four criteria are necessary for a recommendation of acceptance for publication.
- NOVELTY, is it new science or a new approach to established science?
- QUALITY, is the technical content accurate and well written?
- APPROPRIATENESS, is the manuscript complete in and of itself, and within the scope of TMI?
- IMPACT, will the work reported have a significant impact on the field or does it describe an incremental step?
- Overall impact;
- Clarity of the evaluation/validation approach, including how gold standards are established;
- Novelty of the top-ranked methods;
- Depth and breadth of the discussion for providing insights into methodological development for the community.
The paper must include 1) The web link to the Challenge proceeding, where all the challenge data/instructions can be accessed electronically; and 2) Publicly accessible web links to authors’ codes for reproducible research.