University Professorship in Medical Informatics
The Carl-Friedrich-Gauß-Fakultät invites applications for a University Professorship (Salary Scale W3 BBesO) in Medical Informatics (esp. Health-enabling technologies and Accident research)
Starting 01.October 2016
The successful candidate should be internationally well-known for his/her research in the area of
Medical Informatics. Preference will be given to individuals whose research interests are in one or
more of the following fields:
• information and communication technologies for creating sustainable conditions for self-
sufficient and self-determined lifestyles
• sensor-enhanced health information systems
• methods for pervasive computing and the use of ubiquitously available information for
prevention and early detection of diseases as well as the support for self-sufficient lifestyles
for patients with diseases
• active environments, sensor technology and mobile tools for health information systems as
well as for informational self-determination for new ways of living and health care
• design and organization of an international accident register with integrated accident and
• analysis and knowledge discovery methods for accident databases as well as comparisons
among different international databases
• development of simulative assessment approaches to protect passengers and outside traffic
• determination of injury risks of different traffic participant groups and collission scenarios
• analysis of the impact of safety functions and feedback into reconstruction software
• integral analysis of accident data, from acquisition up to assessment tools
Responsibilities of the future professor also include teaching undergraduate and graduate students
within Computer Science, Computer and Communication Systems Engineering, Business
Informatics, and related programmes. Teaching should comprise topics especially in health-enabling
technologies and accident research.
This professor position will be part of the Peter L. Reichertz Institut für Medizinische Informatik
(PLRI), a joint institute of TU Braunschweig and Medizinischen Hochschule Hannover (MHH).
Excellent possibilities for collaborations exist, e.g., within TU’s computer science department, with
mathematics, engineering departments, clinical and industrial research groups.
The professorship should initiate and coordinate larger cooperative projects among academia and
industry. Contributions to the Automotive Research Centre (NFF) towards accident research as well
as collaborations with MHH are expected. The Technische Universität Braunschweig offers first-class infrastructure, regional, national and international cooperation in research and teaching, an exciting work environment with flexible and competitive personnel and budgetary management, and support in technology transfer through the
Innovationsgesellschaft TU Braunschweig mbH.
Conditions of appointment are in accordance with § 25, Niedersachsen Higher Education Act (NHG).
Part time employment can be arranged on request.
As an equal opportunities employer, Technische Universität Braunschweig has set itself the strategic
aim of significantly increasing the proportion of women. Female scientists are therefore particularly
encouraged to apply. Equally qualified candidates with disabilities will be given preference.
Successful candidates who have reached the age of fifty by the time of appointment and who do not
already have civil servant status will be given an employment contract.
Further information is available from the Head of the Search Committee Prof. Dr.-Ing. Lars Wolf, Tel.
+49- 531- 391-3288.
Please submit your full application the Dean of the Carl-Friedrich-Gauß-Fakultät, Technische
Universität Braunschweig, Rebenring 58A, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany. Deadline for applications
is 31.October 2015. We kindly ask you to additionally send a single pdf-file (addressed to fk1@tu-
bs.de) and to make sure that all text in the document is searchable.