Important information for people attending ISBI’17 in Melbourne, Australia.
Location: Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
1 Convention Place
South Wharf Victoria Australia
T: +61 3 9235 8000
Traveling By Tram
Catch any of the following trams and exit at the stop opposite the Clarendon Street entrance of MCEC:
- Route 96 – St Kilda to East Brunswick
- Route 109 – Port Melbourne to Box Hill
- Route 12 – Victoria Gardens to St Kilda
Alternatively, catch tram number 48 or 70 and exit at the Flinders Street stop. Then take a short walk towards the Yarra River, across the Seafarers Bridge. For further tram timetable information and trip planning, visit the Victorian Public Transport website.
Traveling By Train
Take any train that goes to Southern Cross Station. Exit at Southern Cross Station and catch tram number 96, 109 or 12 as above. For further train timetable information and trip planning, visit the Victorian Public Transport website.
Traveling By Bus
The SkyBus transports visitors directly from Melbourne Airport to Southern Cross train station.
Bus route 237 operates from Queen Victoria Market, via Southern Cross Station to Lorimer Street South Wharf from Monday to Friday. Lormier Street is approximately a five minute walk to MCEC. There is also a coach pick up/drop off point at Bay 1, Convention Centre Place (closest to DFO South Wharf).
For further bus timetable information and trip planning, visit the Victorian Public Transport website.
Hotel Accommodation Options
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
Phone: (03) 9027 2000
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne 1-5 Spencer St, Melbourne VIC 3008
Phone: (03) 9648 2777
- Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne 630 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: (03) 9622 8888
- Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank 9 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006
Phone: (03) 8696 9600
- Hotel Batman’s Hill on Collins 623 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: (03) 9614 6344
- The Great Southern Hotels Melbourne Address: 44 Spencer St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: (03) 9629 6991
Onsite registration and distribution of conference materials for all conference attendees will be available at the registration desk located at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. On Tuesday, April 18th Registration will be located in the Level 2 Foyer and on Wednesday, April 19th – Friday, April 21st Registration will be located in the Main Foyer outside of Plenary 3 on the Ground Floor. Staff will be able to assist you during the following time schedule:
- Tuesday, April 18th, 07:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday, April 19th, 07:00 – 18:00
- Thursday, April 20th, 07:30 – 18:00
- Friday, April 21st, 08:00 – 14:00
To avoid long lines on Wednesday Morning,
we encourage everyone to Register on Tuesday, April 18th.
The Poster Sessions will take place in the Main Foyer outside of Plenary 3 on the Ground Floor of the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. New this year – Posters will remain up for the entire length of the conference. On Wednesday, April 19th Please hang your poster between the hours of 7:30am – 10:00am. Your poster should remain up until the end of the last Poster Session on Friday, April 21st. Poster Sessions are mandatory and you are required to stand by your poster and present it during your assigned time. A poster session handout will be provided at the registration desk so you know which Poster Board # is assigned to you. Velcro will be provided to attach your posters to your assigned poster board.
Poster sessions will occur:
- Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 – Poster Session 1: 11:30 -12:30
- Thursday, April 20th, 2017 – Poster Session 2: 11:30 – 12:30
- Friday, April 21st, 2017 – Poster Session 3: 11:30 – 12:30
ISBI will have the proceedings on a USB, which will be handed out at the Registration desk. The proceedings will include the 4 page papers.
The MCEC provides free Wi-Fi service to event attendees to check web based emails and basic web browsing. Please note this is shared by all conference delegates, event attendees and the general public, which may affect the connection at times. Connecting to the wireless network varies depending upon the device being used. Please follow the below steps:
- Select the M Connect wireless service as you would normally do using your wireless device.
- Open your preferred internet browser (such as Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer)
- The M Connect log in page will appear in your browser
- Read the terms and conditions page and choose to agree in order to connect
- Click the CONNECT NOW button
- Commence using M Connect
- 5 Keynote Speakers
- Tutorials (fee required, space is limited)
- Challenges (complimentary, space is limited)
- Special Sessions
- Oral & Poster Sessions
- ISBI Welcome Reception – Wednesday, April 19th – 6:30pm
- Best Student Paper Awards
- Student Party – Tuesday, April 18th 6:00pm – 9:00pm @ Dee Casa. Students will have free entry but tickets are required, please visit the ISBI web page for more details.
Conference attire – Business Casual. Please be sure to bring a sweater/jacket since rooms tend to be on the cooler side. Please check out the weather forecast.
Lunch is on own, Please check the MCEC for Dining Options.