Search for Editor-in-Chief: IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine
The IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) is undertaking a search for the Editor-In-Chief for the IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine (JTEHM).
IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine is a Gold Open Access journal that bridges the engineering and clinical worlds, focusing on detailed descriptions of advanced technical solutions to a clinical need along with clinical results and healthcare relevance. The journal provides a platform for state-of-the-art technology directions in the interdisciplinary field of biomedical engineering, embracing engineering, life sciences and medicine. A unique aspect of the journal is its ability to foster a collaboration between physicians and engineers for presenting broad and compelling real world technological and engineering solutions that can be implemented in the interest of improving quality of patient care and treatment outcomes, thereby reducing costs and improving efficiency. The journal provides an active forum for clinical research and relevant state-of the-art technology for members of all the IEEE societies that have an interest in biomedical engineering as well as reaching out directly to physicians and the medical community through the American Medical Association (AMA) and other clinical societies. The scope of the journal includes, but is not limited, to topics on: Medical devices, healthcare delivery systems, global healthcare initiatives, and information and communication technology (ICT)-based services; Technological relevance to healthcare cost reduction; Technology affecting healthcare management, decision-making, and policy; Advanced technical work that is applied to solving specific clinical needs.
The Editor-in-Chief position is for a three-year term and is renewable for an additional three years. The term of appointment will start in January 2022. At the time of appointment, the successful applicant must be a member of the IEEE EMBS.
Successful candidates are preferred to:
- Possess prior experience as Editor-in-Chief or have significant experience on editorial board of journals in engineering in medicine and biology;
- Have significant background and experience in translational bioengineering research evidenced by publications in top engineering and medical journals
- Have the organizational skills to manage the editorial office, successfully recruit and train new Associate Editors, manage pool of Associate Editors and establish and improve review processes, consistent with IEEE rules and policies
- Have experience and ideas for reducing the review cycle needed for Open Access journals
- Be available in October-November 2021 for EiC Training
Nominations and applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is selected. Review of applications by the Search Committee will commence in May 2021 and conclude by July 2021.
Nominations/applications should include the following in electronic format (pdf):
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Explanation of how the candidate’s background and expertise address each of the items 1-4 above.
- Goals and strategy for how to increase the number of submissions and improve the journal including review process, and submission pipeline.