CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Sponsor: CES/SC – Consumer Electronics Society – Standards Committee
Co-Sponsor: EMB/Stds Com – IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society – Standards Committee
IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) invites your participation in the Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Working Group.
Why get involved:
Work together with industry stakeholders to shape the Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR) technology roadmap, facilitate the development of cross-platform content and services, and promote a healthy growth of the VR/AR/MR industry. Standards development within this Working Group will include:
- IEEE P2048.1™, Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Device Taxonomy and Definitions
- IEEE P2048.2™, Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Immersive Video Taxonomy and Quality Metrics
- IEEE P2048.3™, Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Immersive Video File and Stream Formats
- IEEE P2048.4™ Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Person Identity
- IEEE P2048.5™, Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Environment Safety
Who should participate:
We invite device manufacturers, application developers, content providers, service providers, technology developers, government agencies, and end users that are relevant to VR, AR, and MR technologies to participate.
How to Participate
If you wish to participate, please contact the IEEE Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Working Group Chair, Yu Yuan.
The first meeting will be held on Friday, 24 March from 9:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. (UTC+08:00) at the Scientific Research Building Suite 108, Tsinghua High Tech Park, 1 Songpingshan Xindong Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China. To join the meeting remotely, please contact Yu Yuan for dial-in instructions.