The IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) invites your participation in the working group for IEEE P2795TM, Standard for Shared Analytics Across Secure and Unsecured Networks.
Scope of Standard
This standard identifies the requirements for using shared analytics over secured and unsecured networks. It establishes a consistent method of using an overarching interoperability framework to utilize one or more disparate data systems for analytic purposes without an analytic user having explicit access to or sharing the data within these systems.
Why Get Involved
This standard allows for a high assurance method of sharing access to information for analysis without moving data beyond firewall protection. It facilitates sharing virtual access to aggregate data without the need for direct access to personal health information (PHI), personally identifiable information (PII), or other sensitive data. The standard supports a scenario where an entity (institution and/or technology) with an analytic might wish to analyze data stored at another entity (institution and/or technology) within appropriate cyber security constraints.
Who Should Participate
Stakeholders for this standard include any organization that collects, analyzes, and shares data. This can include:
- Government agencies such as:
- Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Interagency Program Office (IPO)
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Veteran Health Administration (VHA)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Industry groups and academic organizations that would benefit from virtual access to disparate data sets from other entities
How to Participate
For more information about the IEEE P2795TM standard project and kickoff meeting, please send an email addressed to both Dr. Cj Rieser at email@example.com and John Griffith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IEEE P2795™ kick-off meeting will be held on Thursday, May 9th at 11am ET.
- Thursday, May 9th, 11am to 2pm
- Please arrive at 10:30am for badging
- MITRE 4 Building, Room 3J101
7596 Colshire Drive
McLean, Virginia, 22102
Note: Due to security requirements, please indicate plans to attend the meeting in-person at least two weeks in advance when completing event registration so that badges and parking access at MITRE can be arranged. Instructions on how to attend remotely using iMeet will be provided closer to the meeting date for those who register for the event