Manuscript Submission and Review
Authors are strongly encouraged to obtain pre-approval by submitting a short proposal containing the bio,cv, and description of the proposed review to the editor via email before beginning the process of submission through manuscript central. All manuscripts must be submitted to Manuscript Central. Select “Reviews in Biomedical Engineering” as the Journal.
Review Format for Manuscript Submission
The limit of pages is 15 for both methodology and clinical reviewing papers and $250 are charged for an extra page.
For All Manuscripts:
- The cover letter must contain a short bio and cv of the primary author.
- The manuscript should be formatted in one single column, double-spaced. Figures and tables should be at the end of the manuscript (see 8 below).
- The manuscript, including figures, tables, and references, should not exceed the page limits specified above.
- The font size should be 11 points or larger.
- Margins should be at least one inch on all sides.
- Manuscripts, including text, references, figures, and tables, should be combined and converted to a single PDF file for upload to Manuscript Central.
- The abstract must be no longer than 200 words.
- Figures and tables should appear at the back of the text, one figure per page. A separate page listing figure/table captions should be included, keyed to numbers marked on each figure/table.
- References are particularly important in Review papers and will themselves be subject to review. Authors should attempt do to an exhaustive search of the literature, and the norm will be to have a reference list of over 100 papers. The references should appear in a separate reference section at the end of the manuscript text, with items referred by numerals in square brackets. References must be completed in the IEEE style as follows:
- Papers: Author(s), first initials followed by last name, title, periodical, volume, inclusive page numbers, month, year.
- Books: Author(s), title, location, publisher, year, chapter, page numbers.
For reference, IEEE Editorial Style Manual can be found in the IEEE Author Center.