In an effort to focus the scientific and technical excellence within EMBS, a number of Technical Committees (TCs) have been formed in targeted areas of biomedical engineering. These TCs coordinate conferences, publications and member development within their area of expertise.
Members of Technical Committees include experts from academia, industry and government. They work with technical program committees of EMBS conferences to help develop themed programs for conferences and work with editors of EMBS journals to produce special issues.
Proposals for forming a new EMBS technical committee should be submitted to the EMBS Executive Office.
Current Technical Committees
- Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI)
- Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing (BIIP)
- Biomedical Signal Processing (BSP)
- Cardiopulmonary Systems (CPS)
- Computational Biology and the Physiome (CBP)
- Wearable Biomedical Sensors and Systems (WBSS)
- Neuroengineering (NE)
- Therapeutic Systems and Technologies (TST)
- Biorobotics (BR)
- Bionanotechnology and BioMEMS (BNM)
- Translational Engineering and Healthcare Innovation (TEHI)
- Committee on Man and Radiation (COMAR)