Webinar on POCT Research Centers' Grant Solicitations
CIMIT and the Stoeckle Center for Primary Care Innovation at Mass General invite you to join us for a free webinar series on Point-of-Care Technologies.
These webinars are designed to inform those interested in submitting projects for our NIBIB grant to develop novel POC technologies aimed at improving patient care in primary care settings and for primary care clinicians interested in adopting POC technologies for their practices.
Date & Time
January 14 (12:30-1:30 EST) – Questions and Answers: NIBIB Grant Solicitations from the Point-of-Care Technology Research Centers
- NIBIB Point-of-Care Technologies Research Network (Tiffani Lash, PhD; Program Director)
- Point-of-Care Technologies Research Centers: objectives, resources, and grant solicitation processes:
- CIMIT Point-of Care Technology Research Center in Primary Care (John Parrish, MD, Principal Investigator; Penny Carleton, Program Director
- Boston University, Center for Future Technologies in Cancer Care (Catherine Klapperich, PhD, Principal Investigator)
- Johns Hopkins University, Center for STD Point of Care Tests (Charlotte Gaydos, MPH, DrPH, Principal Investigator; Joany Jackman, PhD, Co-investigator)
- Questions and Answers
February 3 (12:30-1:30 EST) – “Point-of-Care Testing in Primary Care: Facilitators and Barriers to Adoption.”
Kent Lewandrowski, MD, Associate Chief of Pathology, Director of Clinical Laboratories and Molecular Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital; Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Editor-in-Chief, Point of Care: The Journal of Near Patient Testing Technology
March – TBD
Access information will be shared after you register.
The webinars are recorded, archived, and available here as podcasts.
October 30: “A Day in the Life of a Primary Care Clinician”
J. Benjamin Crocker, MD; Medical Director, Ambulatory Practice of the Future at Mass General Hospital
Webinar (watch slides on computer, and play audio at same time)
November 18: “Point of Care Testing in Commercial Retail Clinics”
Nancy Gagliano, MD; Chief Medical Officer, MinuteClinic
December 4: “Current and Future Use of Point-of-Care Tests in Primary Care: An International Survey in Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, the UK, and the USA”
John Hickner, MD, MSc; Chair of Family Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago School of Medicine