Publication Date: May/June 2016
Full Paper Submission Deadline: February 1, 2016 (Extended)
First Review to Authors: March 15, 12016
Revised Paper Submission for Papers Recommended for Revision: April 2, 2016
Final Version of Accepted Papers: April 15, 2016
We are pleased to announce the JTEHM Special Issue on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies for Precision Medicine. Accepted papers will be published in May/June, 2016 online in the IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, an open access journal that is indexed in PubMed and IEEE Xplore.
We invite researchers, clinicians and innovators to submit full papers with multimedia illustrations for consideration of publication in the JTEHM special issue. Candidate papers should be in the areas of healthcare innovation, point-of-care technologies, mobile health and personalized, preventive and precision medicine. It is expected that papers submitted for consideration of publication in the JTEHM special issue will emphasize translational engineering and demonstrate a clear path toward potential clinical or public-health application.
The call for papers is open to all researchers, clinicians and innovators but submitted papers should be within the general scope of JTEHM.
Papers and talks presented at the NIH-IEEE 2015 Strategic Conference on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies for Precision Medicine, November 9-10, 2015, NIAID, Bethesda are invited to submit full papers for consideration of publication in the JTEHM special issue.
The topical coverage of the JTEHM special issue includes (but is not limited to) the following themes and areas:
1. Point of Care Technologies
- POC Technologies in Resource Limited Settings
- POC Technologies for Home-Based Applications
- POC Technologies for Minimaa Trained Operators
- POC Technologies for Clinical and Healthcare Facilities
- POC Technologies for Intensive-Care Applications
- Low-cost POC Technologies for Cervical Cancer
2. Emerging POC Technologies for Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep (HLBS) Disorders
- Atrial Fibrillation Monitoring
- Heart Rate Monitoring
- Respiratory Monitoring
- Detection and Monitoring
3. POC Technologies for Allergy and Infectious Diseases: Detection and Monitoring
- Allergy and Infectious Diseases: Detection
- Allergy and Infectious Diseases: Monitoring
4. Personalized, Preventive and Precision Medicine
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Clinical Use and Acceptance of POC Technologies
- Comprehensive Evaluation and Validation of POC Technologies
5. Information Communication and Networking in POC Technologies
- Wireless communications and Networking
- mHealth Innovations
- POC Data Storage and Communication
- Medical and Healthcare Data Communication, Security, Privacy
6. Clinical Translation, Healthcare Innovation and Global Challenge
- Point-Of-Care (POC) Technologies
- Clinical Translation
- Regulatory Challenges (US and International)
- Healthcare Innovations with POC Technologies
- Global Healthcare Challenges
Please direct any questions or inquires to Atam Dhawan, Editor-in-Chief, JTEHM, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.