Funds for chapter activities in R9
EMBS has established a Special Chapter Activity Funding Program for R9 with the primary objective of supporting local activities in Latin America during 2021, such as (but not limited to) conferences, career fairs, industry tours, and community engagement events. There will be a preference for activities that promote innovation, gender equality, sustainability, and collaboration with affinity groups such as HAC and WIE. Funding will be up to $2,000.00 USD per activity, and applications will be evaluated by an ad hoc committee composed of EMBS R9 volunteers. Funded chapters are required to complete the proposed activity before the end of 2021 and submit a report (including a short video) for publication on EMBS websites and social media.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, following the long-standing tradition of EMBS R9 in celebrating diversity and inclusion in both our membership and leadership.
To apply, you must provide the following information:
- Letter signed by the Chapter chair endorsing the proposed activity
- Document fully describing the proposed activity
- Detailed budget
What is the difference between this fund and the EMBS Chapter Activity Funding?
This call for proposals does not require matching funds and provides higher levels of funding.
- July 28th: Submission opens.
- August 27th: First submission deadline.
- September 2nd: Notification of results to the applicants
- October 15th: Second submission deadline (only if funds are still available).
- October 24 th: Notification of results to the applicants (only if funds are still available)