Anne Humeau-Heurtier and colleagues recently published an article “Three-dimensional dispersion entropy for uterine fibroid texture quantification and post-embolization evaluation” in Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine.
- Uterine fibroids can be treated with uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) procedure.
- Objectively assessing the benefits of UFE and the quality of life of patients after undergoing UFE is rather challenging.
- We propose a new multiscale 3D entropy-based texture analysis method (MDispEn3D).
- Relationships are found between MDispEn3D results for uterine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans and patients’ quality of life.
- MDispE3D could help in the prognosis of uterine fibroids and in follow-up evaluation after the embolization.