Call for EMBS Section Student Representative
The Latin American Chapters of the IEEE EMBS (i.e., Argentina, Centro-Norte, Centro-Occidente, Chile Sur, Colombia, Ecuador, Guadalajara, Morelos/Mexico, Panama, Peru, Puebla or Uruguay Sections) are seeking motivated students to serve as Section Student Representatives (SSRs) for one year (1 representative per section).
The elected SSRs will act as a link between the EMBS professional chapter and the EMBS student chapters and clubs within their Section. If you are a student who is passionate about EMBS, organized, communicative, and driven to help others in your community, please consider applying to be elected EMBS Section Student Representative. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, following the long-standing tradition of EMBS R9 in celebrating diversity and inclusion in both our membership and leadership.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating and encouraging activities of interest to all IEEE EMBS student organizations within their section, and working closely with Student Chapters/Clubs and their chairs in carrying out these activities
- Encouraging the development of the EMBS membership trough the creation of new student chapters or clubs in their section.
- Attending regular meetings with the EMBS professional chapter officers in their section to report student chapters/clubs activities
- Providing regular updates and content for web and social media announcements
Interested applicants should be:
- Self-motivated, organized and responsive to e-mail discussions
- Able to commit weekly time (estimated 4-6 weekly hours) to SSR activities
- An IEEE-EMBS Student or Graduate Student member in good standing residing within the geographic boundaries of one of the participating sections
To apply, you must provide the following information:
- Short resume (no more than 250 words) highlighting community service and IEEE-EMBS experience
- Statement of purpose specifying applicant’s interest in serving as an SSR and relevant experience
- One letter of recommendation
Candidates should apply using the following link: https://forms.gle/ZpkeKX7S8rgnDvFQ6
- March 25th: Candidate application opens
- April25th: Candidate application closes
- April 26th to April 30th: Selection of final candidates by the EMBS professional chapter
- May 1st to May 7th: Ballot opens for all EMBS student members in the section
- May 8st: Vote count and SSR announcement by the EMBS professional chapter