Call for EMBS R9 WIE Representative
The Latin American Chapters of the IEEE EMBS (i.e., Argentina, Centro-Norte, Centro-Occidente, Chile Sur, Colombia, Ecuador, Guadalajara, Morelos/Mexico, Panama, Peru, Puebla and Uruguay Sections) are seeking a motivated professional to serve as R9 WIE Representative for one year (1 representative per R9 region for EMBS).
The elected EMBS R9 WIE representative will act as a link between the EMBS global WIE representative and the chapters from Region 9. If you are a graduate student member, member, or any category above who is organized, communicative, and driven to empower women in the EMBS technical fields and bringing a passion about gender equality, please consider applying to be elected EMBS R9 WIE representative. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, following the long-standing tradition of EMBS R9 in celebrating diversity and inclusion in both our membership and leadership.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating and encouraging WIE activities among different EMBS chapters within Region 9 and working closely with all chapters and their chairs in carrying out these activities.
- Encouraging the development of the EMBS membership, mainly in underrepresented communities and their involvement through the promotion of what can be done as an IEEE WIE and EMBS member.
- Attending regular meetings with the EMBS professional chapter officers to report regional activities.
- Providing regular updates and content for web and social media announcements.
Interested applicants should be:
- Self-motivated, organized and responsive to email discussions
- Able to commit weekly time (estimated 4 weekly hours) to regional and global activities and initiatives representing WIE members from EMBS R9.
- A graduate student member, member, or any category above, in good standing residing within Region 9.
To apply, you must provide the following information:
- Short resume (no more than 250 words) highlighting community service and IEEE-EMBS experience.
- Statement of purpose specifying applicant’s interest in serving as an EMBS R9 WIE representative and relevant experience. WIE experience is desired but not mandatory.
- One letter of recommendation.
Candidates should apply using the following link: https://forms.gle/mqK9G1LTTZquy2W39
- April 15th: Candidate application opens.
- May 15th: Candidate application closes.
- May 16th to May 30th: Selection of final candidates by the EMBS professional chapters from R9.
- May 31st to June 6th: Ballot opens for all EMBS members from R9.
- June 7th: Vote count and announcement by the EMBS professional chapter from R9.