Our Areas of Research
Biomedical engineering is a broad field covering a vast array of disciplines. The most obvious and traditional areas of focus support the medical equipment and devices used by physicians and healthcare personnel. These “macro” endeavors are now being complemented by the “micro”-level focus made possible by breakthroughs in chemical engineering and nanotechnologies. At the same time, advanced information, sensor and wireless technologies are opening up new means for monitoring patients and interpreting patient health data.
Visit the links below for an introduction to some of the research being done by biomedical engineers.
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging & Image Processing
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
- Health Informatics
- Cardiopulmonary Systems Engineering
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Systems
- Neural Engineering
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Wearable & Implantable Technologies
- Micro- & Nanotechnologies
- Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
- Biomedical Engineering in Education, Industry & Society